THE MISSION of the Littleton Business Chamber is to serve as a principal representative of businesses in its market area, contribute to its members’ success and prosperity, and promote the economic and civic interests of the community.
Your Littleton Business Chamber has been engaged behind the scenes with the City of Littleton leadership. We initially asked for a number of concessions that we believed would help our business community. Prior to the State of Colorado enacting some relief, a few of our suggestions were:
- Deferral of Sales Tax
- Deferral of Property Tax
- A Shop and Support Local Campaign
- A plan allowing business to expand beyond their walls to address social distancing guidelines
The Littleton Independent picked up the story on April 16th. The link to the article can be found here: https://littletonindependent.net/stories/business-owners-plead-for-help-as-city-weighs-grant-program,297580
We have also made a number of other suggestions with the hope of further supporting Littleton business.
- Encourage ALL City purchases to be made local
- The possibility of closing Main Street during the weekend
- Allowing taxpayers to park at the City Center with a shuttle to Main Street, Alamo and Littleton Boulevard
- Expand the City’s Concert Series to include South Park and Aspen Grove
- The Creation of Consumer Map Guide for Littleton
- The Creation of a Task Force to address the needs of Main Street, Woodlawn, Riverwalk, the Santa Fe corridor, Aspen Grove, Southpark, Hilltop, the Broadway corridor and ACC
We would encourage everyone interested in reviewing the dialogue between the Chamber and City of Littleton to CLICK HERE for pdf documents.
Please feel free to reach out to your board member with suggestions, or comments as we are a volunteer organization committed to the local business community. We are always willing to entertain good ideas!
Stay Safe and Be Healthy!
Support Littleton Business!
Social distance, self-imposed quarantines, and state ordered closures are good for community health during the coronavirus and COVID-19 outbreak, but it’s toxic for many of our Chamber members. Fear is keeping people away from small retail and service businesses.
Here are some things you can do to show your support:
• Purchase a gift card from your favorite bar, restaurant, service provider, or retailer now to use at a later date (any dollar amounthelps)
• Take advantage of take out, curb side service, or delivery from local restaurants
• Curb side service or delivery from supply stores and retailers
• Shop local online
• Take advantage of sales and discounts
• Comment on and share social media posts – show your support
The Littleton Business Chamber encourages you to support our community and each other.